Make the most of rooms and workstations.
How does a company put every area of its buildings to the most productive use? This question is one of the biggest concerns in facility management, yet it is far from simple to answer. It always involves striking the best balance between demand and the finite supply of available space. But that is not the only consideration. Working habits also affect building use – for example, in the office buildings of companies that embrace mobile working, flexible working hours, and shared desks and workspaces.
Many facility managers simply do not have access to valid data on the actual use of rooms and workstations. This is why companies often base their investment decisions on estimates and miss out on opportunities to save money. But now the IoT has made it much easier to capture and assess data on capacity utilization.
Benefits at a glance
- Detailed insights into a building’s space utilization
- Enabling smarter decisions regarding space usage
- Higher comfort for building occupants
The benefits of space monitoring
Facility managers find it much easier to devise effective capacity utilization strategies if they know how conference rooms, workstations and workspaces are actually used. Options include:
Space monitoring: up with efficiency
- Various sensors determine how workstations, rooms and larger areas are used.
- They forward collected data to a software backend in near-real time for an easy-to-read dashboard to display.
- Assessments spanning various periods provide the insight needed to make informed decisions.
- Space usage statistics may be augmented with further information, for example, with data sourced from energy management systems.