Good building hygiene for better health and well-being: Harnessing the IoT to boost the efficiency of building cleaning practices.
Most buildings are on a regular cleaning schedule. And janitorial services generally stick to the same procedures. They rarely, if at all, worry about how rooms are actually used.
Yet this should be one of the main factors facility managers take into account when deploying cleaning crews. Knowing how rooms are used matters when deciding if and when to clean. This helps facility managers schedule and execute cleaning jobs much more efficiently – and now the IoT can furnish exactly the information they need to do this.
Benefits at a glance
- Detailed insights into how rooms are used
- More accurate information about actual cleaning needs
- More efficient planning and execution of cleaning jobs
How intelligent cleaning works in the
- Installed or retrofitted sensors reveal how heavily rooms and other areas are used.
- Sensors can send status information about consumables to a central software backend to determine if soap and towel dispensers and the like need refilling.
- The software analyzes such data to help assess cleaning requirements and schedule cleaning jobs in the most efficient way.