Managing various classes of gateways and devices – the foundation of any IoT solution
Given the ever-growing number of devices in the IoT, it is crucial to devote proper consideration to device management. This is the foundation of any IoT solution. It is what enables companies to stay on top of the heterogeneity and diversity of constantly evolving devices and assets, thus ensuring that an IoT solution stays up and running even as technology evolves. A sophisticated device management solution addresses the various challenges involved in IoT deployments:
- A variety of different device classes come together.
- Depending on the domain, companies have to deal with various protocols, legacy systems, and standards.
- Given the large number of devices distributed around the world, it becomes increasingly difficult to keep track.
- With IoT deployments growing in scale, managing devices in the field becomes more complex over time.
- Companies have to ensure that their IoT deployments are secure.
Use case overview
- As a foundation of any IoT solution, device management is a crucial consideration.
- Device management enables companies to cope with the heterogeneity and diversity of constantly evolving devices and assets.
- It enables companies to manage devices throughout their entire life cycle.
How companies benefit from device management
Device management enables companies to keep tabs on their devices throughout their whole life cycle. What makes robust device management a key consideration?
Our solution: putting device management into practice
The Bosch IoT Suite provides feature-rich solutions for device management and software-update management throughout the entire device life cycle. It enables device manufacturers and administrators to address a wide range of device management use cases.