Cold chain management
Providing insights for store efficiency and guaranteeing secure and HACCP-compliant cooling systems.
The availability of fresh products is one of the main differentiators that offline retailers have as an advantage over online retailers. Ensuring the function monitoring of cooling devices and the entire cold chain 24/7 is a crucial element for retail stores to keep this advantage and exploit the potential for higher efficiency.
- Store managers require the long-term documentation of temperature data as well as permanent online remote control to ensure that their cold chain is compliant with HACCP principles. Real-time notification is necessary in order to allow immediate responses by the store personnel.
- When cooling devices malfunction, food retailers face food wastage. This calls for more proactive intervention in the case of temperature fluctuations.
- Retail stores have high energy costs, some of which is caused by cooling devices that run during peak times or that cause a load peak.
- Devices from different vendors report their statuses in different dashboards, which results in inefficient monitoring processes.
Benefits at a glance
- Ensuring efficient store processes and secure cooling systems
- Consolidating device data from all manufacturers cuts food wastage, energy consumption, and overall costs
- Saving up to one hour working time per day and store