Obtain shopper traffic counts in real time
Use real-time data to get a transparent picture of the number of shoppers – and enable customers to schedule trips to the store.
One of the key measures to contain the spread of the coronavirus is to prevent too many shoppers from gathering in supermarkets at any given time. Technology can help retailers accomplish that goal.
- The coronavirus pandemic and governments’ containment measures require store managers to obtain real-time data on the exact number of customers in the store.
- They have to be able to respond immediately if too many people are on the sales floor.
- Store managers, employees, and the public can be advised of the current number via an automated, anonymous customer count.
- The customer count can be presented in real time in several ways – in the store’s customer app, on a public website, or on a screen at the entrance.
Benefits at a glance
- Automated shopper traffic counts help stores comply with legal requirements
- Various technical solutions are possible, depending on the existing store equipment
- Various channels present a transparent view of shopper traffic counts in real time
- Infrastructure may be used straightaway for further applications